Monday, November 17, 2008

The Resurrection..


It was a not so warm morning of the month of March. The sun was struggling hard to prove the arrival of summer, but he was still not able to prove his dominance to the world…few more months and world will swear by his strength.

I was waiting for VP at the bus stand. Like always the bastard was late again. This wasn’t my first trip to Chandigarh...but yeah…destiny had stored something to make this trip an unforgettable one for me.

Unknown by this fact I kept moving my head here and there…appreciating the masterpiece of Le Corbusier (the Swiss-French architect who designed Chandigarh). Wondering if someday I will too give my masterpiece.

Just then I saw a girl (rather she caught my attention) with a familiar face getting down from bus.It took a nanosecond for my mind to recognize her. Ya! It was SHE.

Slowly and cautiously she was moving towards me.

I was seeing her after a very long time (perhaps 3 and half year or 1345 days to be precise). Last time I saw her was when we came to school to collect our XII class-passing certificate.
Somebody had told me about her moving to Chandigarh…but then I thought if things aren’t in your hand why care for them?

Anyway I again tried stealing a few glances of her, just to confirm my heart that it was SHE only..

She was wearing a light yellow colored salwar-kameez with a hell lot of embroidery work on it…with her hair let loose. A naughty tress of her hair was continuously trying to fall forward and touch her cheeks and she was carefully settling it behind her ears.Man!! How these girls make even a simple thing look so beautiful!!
And in ear she wore golden round earrings that were large enough to become bangles.

God!! She was looking damn beautiful. And than,I realised, she has changed a lot too.

The regular short skirts and sleeveless tops were replaced by carefully dressed salwar kameez. The hairs once carefully tightened into rope like structure called "choti" were now let loose, to fall freely in any direction…and bangles whom once she once considered too girly …were making tinkling sound…only to make my heart go crazy.

My so cute TOMBOY, who used to fight guys for saving her lunchbox, had turned so girly…but then with this she had become even more desirable. Every time I stole stares at her she was becoming more and more desirable.

Her taste in guys might have changed…but there was something that hasn’t changed…she was cute then…and was cuter now too. She was beautiful then and was turning inevitable now too.

For a moment flashback of school days engulfed me…those basketballs trials when she would bring water for me in her bottle…the days when I used to teach her physics and impatiently shout when she was not able to carry out simple integration problems…the zillion sessions of watching TOP GUN together..the bus ride back to hope....and then the day when it all fell apart…when we turned our back to each other…when we broke up.


A loud honk shattered my dream.It was VP..Cricket or life this bastards timings have always been pathetic. He used to get me run out then..he gt me run out this time too..

She was a few feet far from me…I tried my best to turn my face away from her. Perhaps the ego problem still persisted in me..or maybe I do not wanted VP to see her & make an issue out of nothing.. Lossed somewhere in her thought (perhaps yar, they were not about me) she passed me. Around two feet far from me.

While passing her fragrance took me over…. only to realize that her taste in perfumes has also changed...

This was the first time in life we passed so closed to each other as complete strangers. No hi! No hello…nothing…we just passed away. It had never happened in two years of schooling that we did together. I repeat the word ”together” with double inverted commas. Yeah…from the moment we reached school to the moments we left for our home…we were all together…and today we have passed like strangers. Atleast ,I thot..Atleast I could have said a stupid Hi!!..bt no Iwasn't ...Time man… time…it can change everything.

“Rikshawale bhaiya”…somewhere from my back I heard the familiar voice (after 945 days) from the cutest creature on this earth. The voice not only made my eardrums but each and every cell of my body to vibrate…now I m not a medical student who can explain this phenomena…but this was something unusual…never happened to me before…
All I can say is there was a RESSURECTION of a long forgotten desire that made me to rather my heart to……….

Sorry, The words ceased to flow like everytime whenever I think about her…

5 comments:

broca's area said...

hmm.....u sure know how to describe ur feelings...:)...

u a med student?..which year!..

really nice blog man!!!

Anonymous said...

really touchin...
the way u described the entire episode is so genuine and honest,it touches ur heart, hope tht grl reads dis blog someday...
due respect,

monk_who_nvr_had_a_ferrari said...

@brocasarea
did i say dat??
dude i wrote "i m not a medical student"...ur mistake :P

thx nyways for d appreciation...

monk_who_nvr_had_a_ferrari said...

@jess
thanku....lets hope so..

Conundrum1989 said...

What goes around comes around. That's life for you. People meet and chums become acquaintances or someone anyone somebody somewhere someday.. Whatevers ... yea I know how you must have felt cz such moments make us realize that we can never get rid of our past.. As I say 'My life walks with my life'

There's something bou such moments. Its a rush and a replay of some of the most striking memories...

Your diction moved me and I realize I just wrote this big review..

Life's a loser!